Established in December 2003, the CMT (Martinique Tourism Authority) is Public and Government Establishment Authority, Tending to the Industrial and Commercial aspect of Martinique (EPIC), with the clear purpose to promote Martinique as an exclusive, deluxe and prosperous touristic destination.
Created the 9th of July 2003, by the territorial collectivities (territorial French subdivisions with an elected local government) and the Districts & Burroughs of Martinique, the Comité Martiniquais du Tourisme / Martinique Toursim Authority (Public Government Establishment for Industry and Trade) is the institutional key player, in charge of promoting Martinique in terms of tourism and also overview the development and economical growth issues.
Since March 2010, its President is Madam Karine Roy-Camille, a senior tourism professional, and an elected official.
The Martinique Tourism Authority goals are:
-Revitalize and promote the Destination
-Establish Martinique as a must in terms of Tourism and The Place To Be.
-Keep up with and exceed the standards of the near by destinations in the Caribbean.
-Improve significantly the local economy and set in extremely virtuous circle.
1. To develop and implement, regarding specific missions, the Plan of Development & Growth Department of the Tourism in Martinique: SDAT (Schéma de Développement et Aménagement Touristique de la Martinique); And upon request of the Conseil Régional (Regional Council, a Political & Elected Local Assembly) to assemble and develop all the studies and the projects needed & capital for the politics of the region, and the process of decision making.
2 . To Set up and operate a system of observation, monitoring, analyzing and forecasting the different dimensions of tourism in Martinique, the markets source of tourists and competing destinations, in order to define a reasoned and scalable strategy for the development and the promotion in Martinique.
3. To be a place of dialogue, a tool for proposals, recommendations, coordination, when assessments is needed and monitoring, towards the Government and the Companies to design and implement products and touristic channels.
4. To participate in the implementation of Tourism Development Policy of Martinique, in accord with the guidelines of the Regional Planning Scheme (SAR, Schéma d’Aménagement Régional), the Diagram Enhancement of the Sea (SMVM, Schéma de Mise en Valeur de la Mer) and the Scheme of Landscaping tourist (SDAT, Schéma d’Aménagement Touristique) .
5. To achieve a medium-term marketing plan and by the most appropriate means, promoting Martinique destination and its tourism products on foreign markets; these represent identified development potentials intended to ensure, improve the image of Martinique and its inhabitants.
6. To design a policy of touristic greetings in Martinique and organizing useful welcoming actions; coordinating information on the actions of territorial liveliness; leading actions to heighten Martiniquais’ awareness of the touristic greeting process; supporting the project leaders in the major events (cultural, sports, etc.) which could be strong branding & marketing tools on foreign markets.
7. To participate in the implementation of the policy of professional training in tourism, based on the guidelines set by the Regional Council.
8. To enforce the marketing of tourism products and services, in the public interest, and under Article 11 of the Law of July 13th, 92 (Centrale de Réservation).
9. To ensure the monitoring and conduct regular assessment of all of its actions and those of its partners.